Happinesz Shop is an alternative marketplace where you can sell your goods, directly to buyers around the world. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on Happinesz Shop. Please go ahead and read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
This policy is a part of our Terms and Conditions. By opening an Happinesz Shop, you’re agreeing to this policy and our Terms and Conditions.
What Can be Sold on Happinesz Shop
Happinesz Shop is a unique marketplace. Buyers come to Happinesz Shop to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on Happinesz Shop is artisanally made, or sustainable or eco-friendly, organic, or home grown, or home made, or innovative, or unique or made with love or good for mind, body and soul and are human-animal-or-earth friendly.
Vintage items must be at least 20 years old.
What Can’t be Sold on Happinesz Shop
Even if they otherwise meet our rules, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Happinesz Shop.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for Happinesz Shop ‘s review.
Happinesz Shop may remove any listings that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. Happinesz Shop may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your Happinesz bill. You can find more information in our Fees & Payments Policy.
Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
One of Happinesz Shop’s core values is transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items, and your business.
By selling on Happinesz Shop, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your shop’s information.
- Honor your Shop Policies, should you choose to publish them.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Happinesz Shop.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate shops. Please see Multiple Shops on Happinesz Shop for more details.
Communicating with Other Happinesz Shop Members
You can use Happinesz Shop Chat system to communicate directly with your buyers. Conversations are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Conversations may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing buyers;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another seller.
Interference occurs when a seller intentionally interferes with another seller’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Happinesz Shop. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Happinesz Shop Chat system to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another seller
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review.
Any use of Happinesz Shop Chat system to harass other sellers or buyerss is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Conversations may not be used to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. If you receive a Chat that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Happinesz Shop, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like usernames, listings, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Happinesz Shop. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating, within 60 days after their item’s expected delivery date. The estimated delivery date is the purchase date + processing time + shipping time. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 60 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Contain medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Happinesz Shop or a third party; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
Extortion is not allowed on Happinesz Shop. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on Happinesz Shop. Extortion includes when a seller offers a buyer additional goods, services, or compensation in exchange for a positive review. For more information, please see this Help article.
Shilling is strictly prohibited on Happinesz Shop. What is Shilling? Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing the shop’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer. For more information on shilling, including examples, please see this Help article.
Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on Happinesz Shop, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country. These requirements are detailed in our Shipping Policy.
- Communicate with buyers in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Help team can help through our case system. Read about your rights and responsibilities regarding cases here.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order. Read about how to cancel an order in this Help article.
Happinesz Shop also provides limited protection to sellers who meet the requirements of our Seller Protection Program.
Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws regarding shipping, cancellations, returns, and exchanges. Please familiarize yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
European Union Right of Withdrawal
Buyers in the European Union (EU) may be entitled to a 14-day “right of withdrawal” after receiving an item, during which they may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state. The right of withdrawal does not apply to custom items or certain perishable goods. Rights with respect to digital items vary by EU member state. Read more about the EU Right of Withdrawal in this Help article.
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer directly and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
You may cancel a transaction under the following circumstances:
- The buyer did not pay. (The seller may flag a buyer for a payment not received, chargeback, or canceled payment.)
- Both you and the buyer agree to cancel the transaction prior to shipment, and you have issued the buyer a full refund.
- You have decided to refuse service to the buyer, and if the buyer has already paid, you have issued a full refund, including shipping.
- The buyer did not receive the item(s) ordered, even though you provided proof of shipping, and you have issued a refund for the item. (Refunding shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Payments, in which case you’ll need to refund in full.)
- Both you and the buyer agreed that the buyer could return the item for a refund, you have received the returned item and issued a refund to the buyer for the item. (Refunding shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Payments, in which case you will need to refund in full.)
Happinesz Shop’s Case System
We ask buyers to contact a seller directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on Happinesz Shop. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to conversations from your buyers.
Buyers may file a case for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You must respond to any open cases within seven days.
A Non-Delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but does not receive the item. The following are examples of Non-Delivery cases:
- An item was never sent.
- An item was sent to an address that is not on the Happinesz Shop receipt.
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer’s address.
An item is Not as Described if it is materially different from the your listing description or your photos. The following are examples of Not as Described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size than is shown in the photo or described in the listing.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- You failed to disclose the fact that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- A buyer purchased three items but only received two.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented. For example, the description at the time of purchase said the item was “new” and the item is used.
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- A deadline was agreed upon by the buyer and seller.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.